Sunday, September 14, 2008

Journalist World Champs (5th and 7th)

Friday: Time Trial World Champs...

Dropped Chain with 2k to go(had to stop, get off bike etc), having past my 2min man at half distance. Broken seat that happend just after the start, I thought I'd crasked the frame or done something to the disc wheel... UGH. 7th! V dissapointed needless to say!

















Saturday Road Race.


Horrificaly cold, wet, misty day, couldn't feel my hands... small group of 8 or so came to the line. Sadly it was doomed to finish in a sprint, so I was 5th... even more dissapointed this time as I think the win is well within my abilities...



I attacked a few times, partly to try and get away, but also to try and get warm. It was a very negative road race. But hey, C'est la vie.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when ya getting yer a$$ over here. i'm trying to de-train so i don't drop your sorry self on the hills. wednesday nights on the gravel. bring lights.

simjetlag said...

Hayes, when will you learn you aren't anonymous anymore???

I haven't ridden gravel since that PAris Roubaix race in 2006... but hey, I guess that means I need to learn how to ride the stuff again... and who better to learn from than a true legend such as yourself... as for lights... what is it with you and Aussies... don't you people get the whole concept of DAY LIGHT?

When do I get my a$$ over there? How's: "in 2 days!!!"

How is the DEtraining going? Mine is going mightily well old chap!

Anonymous said...

anonymous is one key stroke. entering my username and password is too much effort. sweet.

simjetlag said...

uh huh... righto...
got those shorts clean yet?