Friday, February 06, 2009

Tribute to Pepoy


Chris Hayes informed me of the passing of MTB legend, former MTB world Champion and former teammate of mine Christophe Dupouey.


He was my hero as I was growing up and racing MTBs, I loved his style. I raced with him on AVS/AG2R feeder team in 2002 and rubbed elbows with him for a couple years after that on different teams... Jesus that's really sad. He has 2 kids!!!!!! The guy was a legend. Watching him got me into cycling... He will be missed in the cycling world.


I'm lost for words..........
Former World Champion Dupouey commits suicide

Former mountain bike World Champion Christophe Dupouey committed suicide Wednesday evening in Tarbes, France. He was said to have suffered from depression.
Dupouey won the World championship title in 1998, and finished fourth in the Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1996.
In 2006 he was given a suspended three-month prison sentence for participating in a
trafficking network for "pot belge", a mix of cocaine, caffeine, pain killers, sometimes amphetamines and heroin.

No comments: