Wednesday, July 15, 2009

To the Tour again

Well that’s it. My few days back home are over and it’s off to an early morning flight tomorrow to head back off to “la route du Tour”.
I’ve had a really nice few days at home. Wendy and Des from Australia have been over staying at my place and we’ve had a great time riding and drinking coffee. Though a crash on one of the local descents ending in the hospital with 2 broken ribs did put a damper on the week and gave us a pretty big fright. But we've still got in some good local rides and I've been able to show off this one-of-kind area I live in and come from. We've made the most of a bad situation and have had some good laughs on the way.
The cobbled climb of Cordes is 20% steep and over 23% in sections. This is a classic ride I take everyone up who comes to visit. It's a bitch, but a must do!

The past few days of the Tour have seen the usual “first week” sprint finishes. Nothing really to write home about and nothing of very much interest except for those taking part in the last few hundred meters. In the next few days we should be heading back towards some “real” racing again.

Until then, enjoy the Tour on TV, I’ll be on the side of the road soaking up the atmosphere, but most likely somewhat confused as to what is actually going on in the race. Mais pour le moment, vive le Tour et a tres bientot.

No comments: