Sunday, November 01, 2009

CX photos and some time back on the bike

I found a few photos from my cyclocross race the other day, which are pretty cool. Again, it was really great to get back out ther eon a CX bike and have some fun.
Apart form that I have actually slowly been getting back on the bike this week. With a little less caughing, I've started to feel better. I had a good time riding down the valley and up Rt211 (that's a road number) to Skyline Drive. Skyline Drive is a tourist road that follows the top of the Blue Ridge Mtn on the East coast of the US. Obviously seeing as in follows the top of the hills, it's something of a climb to get up there. Though these hills are not very high in altitude, that's actually not a bad thing for some winter SE rides. It shouldn't get TOO cold up there in winter, and the climb isn't real hard or long, which is perfect for not overdoing it in the off-season. I really enjoyed that ride (even though I felt pretty crappy by the time I got home), and there are some great views from up there.
Rt 211 is actually a 4 lane highway, so I had been a little worried about the traffic out there, but it was actually fine. With speed limits being so low here, even on a big road like that it never felt like you were really on a big road, and with that little extra space for hesitant US driver to pass, it was almost more enjoyable than riding on a small country road. Ironic.

Hopefully, I'll get out more and more and discover more of the local area. I can't wait!

No comments: