Monday, July 09, 2007

Could I have been National Champ?

I'll start off with the National Champ thing. As I won the Midi Pyrenees champs I was an automatic selection for the National Championships. Because it was held in an area that wouldn't suit me, and because the region wasn't going to pay for all of it, I chose not to go. I wondered if I would regret it...

So today I saw the results of these national Champs.. Although they took place last week I just hadn't looked at them. So... here's some food for thought. The winner of the National Championships is from this area... at the regional champs that I won, he was 3rd. So I would have had it in me... hmmm... But then again it was held under rain apparently.

Still, it is great for our region to keep the National jersey local (a local guy had it last year as well), and it is good really that 1 person doesn't get both regional and national jerseys, otherwise one of them doesn't get worn for a whole season and that is sad.

On other news Mr. Shepherd our repeat offender on Bikestyle Tours has arrived in France a week before his trip. Talk about keen to get his butt over here. :-)
We'll be picking him up in only a few days now....

No comments: