Sunday, July 08, 2007


Well what can I say.... it is THAT time of year again. JULY, TOUR TIME. The sun is shining the Tour is on TV seemingly 24/7 and the days are a rush to get out on the bike early so as not to miss too much "Sitting on the couch with the Tour" time. It's a magical time of year.


Yesterday's prologue was GREAT, today's stage was just what we needed to get us back in the Tour swing.





So yesterday Steph came over for a ride. We had planned a 3+ hour ride, but a relative of his was in hospital so we cut it short. But it was a great ride none the less, sunflowers, sunshine and the usual great views this part of France has to offer.



No racing for me this weekend as it is touriste/Tour time with Bikestyletours.com. But I'm not on the Tour yet, so it was a nice relaxed morning. Breakfast and out on the bike for my first "real" ride in a week. A good 3+ hours around the Vaour, Bruniquel, Puycelci area which I love SOOOO much.




A great ride in the sun, came home through Gaillac to the smell of Bar B Qs and empty streets... there really is no misstaking lunch time in France.... everything closes and everyone goes to lunch.


I cam home to find Pat and Gaelle stripping wallpaper off the hall wall in front of the bathroom. Not sure what that's about. Time for something new I guess. So I got showered and went to the kitchen to get lunch ready to the sounds of the Tour on TV in the background. Then we all sat down and watched the Tour on TV with lunch, followed by coffee and chocolate. Good god it's a great life!!!!! Just make sure you never call me while the Tour is on.... Tour on TV is sacred time! :-)

Well they call for a couple days of rain... we'll see. Until next time....

No comments: