Friday, May 16, 2008

Tight legs in Chateaux de la Loire

A busy couple days up here in Central France. Sunday's race was a big disappointment for me with my crank coming loose at the half way point and forcing a much hated DNF. Despite the DNF my legs felt pretty shot that evening, but hoping to ride into form for the next 2 weekends I headed out Monday morning and got in a nice 3+ hours for bit over a 100km, going West to the Chateaux de la Loire part of France, and going past the stunning Chateau Chenonceau. I did the same thing Tuesday morning as well. Wednesday I had a much needed 2 hours massage. It's been a while since I've had a massage and due to a broken leg when I was younger and a crash in the US in 2004 that displaced my pelvis and saw me visiting my Osteopath regularly for about 2 years, I have very very tight ITBs on both legs. It usually takes about 2 or 3 weeks on very regular massage to loosen them up, so hopefully I can get that taken care of this year.

I have FINALLY started doing short intervals. The time of year has come where there are a few short circuit races which mean lots of accelerations, and some hilly stage races where I'll need good accelerations to follow attacks or go for the King of the Mountains jersey, so I've been going out and doing very short rides but with regular 30second all out sprints. It's a bit late actually to be starting those now, but better late than never.

No comments: