Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Week dissapointment.


Well that was a waste of time. Wasn't feeling great but was doing ok, always at the front and off in the breaks that mattered. And that in a CRIT would you believe. The kind of thing I suck at because of all the repeat accelerations. I probably would have done ok and scored a couple points at least, but my bloody crank came loose of all things. A bit odd, but there you go, so I was out of the race at the half way point. Oh well, that's the way it is.

Add that to last weekend's stage race which started with a poor Time Trial where I finished 17th but still within 30seconds of the winner, followed by a road race that saw me and my young teammate Hugo get away in a chase group trying to bridge across to the 7 mean break... we worked bloody hard for some 60 odd km, we had 42seconds ont he peleton with 6 or 7k to go, which had been a pretty stable gap all day. And the course was really hard. Then with 2k to go we could see the peloton behind us and they caught us with 1km to go. What a dissapointment and waste of a day's very hard work. Hugo, who was in line for the White jersey of best young rider thanks to our chase group, ended up missing on that jersey, and I missed out on sneeking into the top 10 overall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer. but at least it sounds like you raced hard.

simjetlag said...

Hmm.. this is fun. All these "anonymous" comments is like a "guess who" game. That comment sounds like a Saganisme.... Am I right?