Saturday, April 18, 2009

Final Battenkill Preparation

Well, it’s done nothing but rain over the day I had really wanted to get out there and ride myself into the ground, before having 3 nice easy days in the run up to what will be a hell of a race. So my final prep has involved a lot of coffee and chatting and relaxing with our hilarious host Greg. Not great for the race, but I’m not complaining, it’s been great! My idea of a perfect morning… get up, have coffee… then another… then another… then… another… and so on.

The race is shaping up to be a big’n. We are traveling up to New York state on Friday with the team. It’s a composite team and John Parks is also on it. So that’ll be cool. We’ve also got a guy from Rock Racing joining us apparently. The rest of the field for the race includes some “real” riders. Floyd Landis will be up there along with teammates Tim Johnson and Bobby Lea. I met Bobby a few years ago in Vegas, and I know his parents a little from Austria. Team Type 1 are sending some good riders. Team BMC will also be there hot off their participation in one of the world’s hardest and most historic races; Paris Roubiax. Also on the start list are some strong riders from the Bissel Pro team of New-Zealander and until last year Albi Velo Sport/AG2R rider Pete Latham. It’s gonna be… fun?!

No comments: