Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Back in the game mate...

Well here we go… I’m back. I got back in yesterday afternoon, I flew from Paris to Toulouse, got home and went for a ride with Stephane. We did a nice little 2+ hour ride. I’m really really tired from all the riding we did with Bikestyletours.com. It was a great trip with some really cool people. I met lots of new people and have found out a lot more about Aussies. They are a great nation of people, nothing phases them, they don’t care, they roll with the punches, suck it up and laugh at everything. We had some great townsign sprints, great rides in the mountains and sadly, even a couple of crashes.

I’ve ridden 20 hours a week for the past two weeks. Lots of the rides were slow, but with the mountains they were still quite hard. I put in a LOT of hours in the saddle that’s for sure. Some of the rides were fast, with lots of accelerations etc. Some of the guys on the trips were ex-racers, some were current racers, and so there was a group that was really tearing it up on the incredibly hot roads of France.

I have just spent 3 days up north finishing in Paris (and many days in the mountains before that) where it was raining. So today was a bit of a shock to me when I awoke to some really REALLY hot weather. I did a recovery ride today, but it was so hot that even when there was a breeze, it was like air coming out of an oven… just bloody hot.

I’m going to try an MTB race this weekend I think, then some road next weekend… we’ll see what kind of shape I’m in. I’ve got a good base now, but I’m sure I need intervals etc.

Right.. “off to bed hey, get an early night hey mate” as Pat Jonkers would say..

No comments: