Friday, July 29, 2005

good, or no good... ??

2 days in the Pyrenees was really good. However… although fun it wasn’t all great. The 1st day I got the there I went out on the MTB and got lost on the Aspin mountain.. then got caught in some rain as I had ridden down into the neighboring valley. I felt really shit on the bike, but I figured that was just due to the past 2 weeks of long rides. So on the second day I got up early, had breakfast and headed out on the road bike to do both sides of the Aspin followed by the Tourmalet. It was incredibly hot… I did both sides of the Aspin and started the Toumalet but soon realized it wasn’t a good idea. I was feeling really rough. It’s my back once again. The pain even on the bike was excruciating and it was a hindrance to my breathing. Once I got back to the tent, I realized just in how much pain I was. I had assumed it was the mountain hurting me. Unable to move, I lay down for most of the day with my lungs constantly wheezing with asthma. I didn’t sleep last night either.. not only was the breathing just too hard to sleep, but massive mountain thunder storms came down and flooded the tent… oh well. This morning I got up and packed everything up wet into the car. I’ll hang it out to dry over the next couple days. My first priority is finding a doctor to sort my back out. I was planning on racing the MTB tomorrow, but that looks very unlikely, unless I can find some that can treat me this afternoon… Ugh… such is life with my fucked up back… it’s been years, but I’m really starting to realize that I need to be careful.. if I can’t get some serious treatment I’m going to be bedridden in the next few years. Someone has already said I have the back of a 70 year old… Ugh

No comments: