Saturday, July 30, 2005

“Needleless” back treatment…

I found a Doc to treat me yesterday evening. They gave me hundreds of little injections in my back. About an injection for every square cm of my back... the whole back, and even my neck got loads of injections… I handled it quite well considering I’m scared of needles (no wonder I suck at cycling)… after that they put my through a bunch of adjustments and I felt a bit better. I couldn’t get to sleep last night, and this morning my back was really stiff and after the treatment. So I’m not racing today of course. I’m sitting around trying not to move my back too much.

I’m also a bit sick. I seemed to get a bit sick just before come back home from the Bikestyle trip. That’s what happens when you share a bus with loads of people, move hotel every day etc etc. My lungs are full of phlegm and it feels remarkably like the thing I had about 3 weeks ago after that MTB race. Maybe if I could get some consistent training through the winter months, I could stay healthy during the season.. or maybe I just have a weak body.. I don’t know.

I’m going to go for an easy 1 hour spin and see how I feel… come home, enjoy a meal out on the balcony, and go out for another ride in the afternoon if I don’t feel too bad.Shit I hate this... I hate feeling like this.

No comments: