Tuesday, August 23, 2005

rainin' on mah pirayd

As I’m sure you have all seen, there is some rather bad weather going around. Parts of Switzerland and Austria are under feet and feet of water, there’s bad flooding all over the place. Well although my little home of Cadalen southern France is known for being bloody hot and the home drought conditions, we have also been suffering from this bad batch of weather. This last week has been crappy to say the least. We’ve had covered skies, and even a few drops of rain. Get this; a couple days ago I went out for a fast ride with Alphonce, we were wearing arm warmers… unheard of for this part of the world at this time of year. I must say I miss my melted roads, I like suffering from a permanent state of severe dehydration. It’s actually even drizzling right now as I type. So… as I’m sure you can guess, knowing me as you all do, I’ve been pretty demoralized this week and have had trouble getting out on the bike. I’ve also damaged my left shoulder a bit, so I can’t lift much and it hurts resting on the bars on anything longer than a 1 hour ride.

So apart from my hard and fast ride with my training buddy Alphonce on Sunday and a recovery ride yesterday, there isn’t much else to say… I’m not even sure if I’ll do my intervals today, going out in the rain just doesn’t appeal to me, sorry, but there is a good reason I hated England… hours and hours and hours on end of riding in the freezing cold British August rain has made me feel like I’ve had my fair share of rain riding to last me a lifetime.

Right… hopefully there’ll be more to tell y’all about next time.
Oh yeah, I hope you all followed Jeremiah Bishops recent exploits at the Snowshoe round of the NORBA MTB series, he’s kicking some big old ass and it’s good to see. Keep it up JB, the big BIG one is just around the corner.

No comments: