Monday, October 29, 2007

Chateauroux Sunday Group ride

I got my ass up bloody early. Had something to eat and straddled the bike to ride off into the night. The sun wasn't up yet, and I was off for the 20 or 30 min ride to Le Poinconnet where the guys meet to go riding. The forecast said it would be 6degrees at 7am this morning, and I had felt pretty good about that. IT was a much better number than the -3 of last week. But as I rode through town and saw cars totally iced over, I understood a little more why I was freezing my ass off.


Sim's a class idiot!
I got the sports center where everyone meets. I was first there. I waited, and waited, and waited. No one showed up... which I wasn't overly unhappy about because I was so frozen by this stage I couldn't feel my hands or feet. So I headed home to warm-up.

That's when I talked to my mom online. She asked how the ride was... I explained that no-one was there. She said: "You did change your clocks didn't you? You know we went to winter time last night?"
Well... I think I 've said about enough...

No comments: