Monday, June 02, 2008

Can you hear that??? I think it's coming from the grape vine...


My home is surrounded by vineyards. It's not only a grate place to live, but a grape place... oups, sorry, a great place to ride. Whether out on a short local recovery ride, or on the way back from a long grueling training session, no matter which way you come home, you cannot avoid riding through lush and carefully manicured vineyards.

The Gaillac wine region isn't France's most well known, but that is because they stick to very small, traditional, homegrown wine making methods, and the Cave de Tescou boasts some tasty little nummers... or should I say numbers, depends how many you've had I guess.

Now let me tell you (MR CRAIG SHEPHERD)... there are NO screw-top bottles of wine around these parts. Each parcel of land is different, and each wine has it's terroire, non of your mass produced, every bottle tastes the same wine here. I know I might be banging on about this a bit, but everyone knows I wine a lot.

Shhhhhhhtttt.... can you hear that? Listen!!! Hear it?...

No comments: