Monday, June 02, 2008

POWER-Tap!!!


Oh Yeah baby! There it is! The new Beast, the "Work of Art that Works" to use Maglite's rather appropriate slogan.


In the words of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin "Sheeey's a Beauuuutry, Mayyyte!"


I got my grubby little hands on this Friday afternoon... within hours it was built up and on the bike for a quick pre-race 50k spin... by Saturday it had been given a true and thorough test at the International 58th Boucles Du Tarn... a very stiff and trustworthy wheel that gave me all the data I needed I pull off my best result in my Favorite race of all time... Well... I'm being a bit geeky now. Not that my eyes were fixed to the unit the whole time, but it was nice to be able to pace myself a little better on the climbs... for a nice little Normalized average wattage of 298W over a mere 3.5 hours. What wasn't nice was watching the wattage shoot up to over 1200W every 30 to 40 seconds during the first 45minutes or so of the race... the first hour was at 47kph average... hmmm... didn't feel that bad. ;-)
I'm excited... THANK YOU POWER-TAP!
(Thank you also to French divition of Power-Tap MatSport for a great and friendly serice!)

No comments: