Friday, March 27, 2009

One of the Favorites?!

Sunday is my first race of the season. A local American race in the state of Virginia called the Jefferson Cup. I got an e-mail from a friend of mine telling me that some web-site (gamjams.com) which I didn't know, had me listed as one of the favorites for this Sunday's race.

I had to go and check this out, and sure enough, there is a poll where people can vote for the rider they thing will win the race; and I'm listed.

I wonder if anyone should tell them I crashed last Sunday, will be on a bike I've had for 2 days, and more to the point, I always just sit in the back of the pack and get in some race-miles for the first few races of the season?!

Check it out at http://www.gamjams.com/ Vote for me and I'll be the biggest disappointment in the history of the event. :-) So do NOT vote!!!

Anyway, that's enough of that, it's time to go for a nice 2 hour morning (erm, FREEZING morning) ride with a few buddies.

Photos of my new bike to come soon... (yawwwn!)

2 comments:

GamJams said...

Hey Simeon-
You were nominated as a favorite in the comments on a post covering the contenders, so I put you in the poll:

http://www.gamjams.net/2009/03/jefferson-cup-mens-123-the-contenders.html

You must still have fans in these parts. Looks like you did just fine - certainly better than most of the "contenders". Congrats.

simjetlag said...

Hey. Nice. Thanks. When my mate first told me about GamJams I thought it was a web-site on jam (you know, that you spread on bread). :-)

Race was fun, a little non-commital in the attacks and very squirly... but I was expecting to get dropped on a course like that with my current fitness.

Anyway, I was very happy to discover your (non-jam related) web-site and will keep checking it out for local race coverage.

Cheers.