Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sydney

3 months is Australia and my training seems to be going very well. So far I'm very happy with how things have gone. I've added some longer steadier intervals (mainly uphill... seeing as I can't ride on the flat to save my life) and I've also been throwing in the odd little sprint here and there against the locals.

The numbers I'm getting in Training are very satisfying for the this time of the year and considering the types of workload and intervals (or lack there of) I've been doing. Hopefully this will all pay off come May and June when I want to be fit.

Apart from riding daily and loving the sun baked roads Aus has to offer, I recently shot off to Sydney for some tourist moments.

Got up one morning, went for a ride, jumped on a plane to Sydney, met up with one of my old Lecturers from University in France, walked around Sydney, saw the stunning Opera House, the Bridge, even had dinner in a rotating restaurant atop the Sydney Tower! This was just stunning, eating as you rotate, watching the sunset over the city and the lights of the town slowly come alive.

After a good night's sleep in a downtown hotel, we walked around yet more of the city, then jumped on a plane and we were back in time for another short ride and a cold beer. One of life's fantastic moments... A day that will never be forgotten!!!

No comments: