Friday, August 14, 2009

Lock-Jaw

No, not the new lockjaw glasses fromo Oakley, this is way less cool. A few years ago I had a problem with my jaw clicking and cracking and slipping out of place. There was a time when I could barely open my mouth to eat. That problem has been a thing of the past for the past8 or 9 years, with the odd clicking coming and going but nothing serious. At least that was the case until 4 days ago, when I awoke in the middle of the night with strong jaw pain and difficulty swallowing. It has been getting gradually worse of the past few days, and I can now barely open my mouth more than 1cm and am on liquid diet. I still awake in the middle of the night, and this thing is actually surprisingly painful. Great. Just when I wanted to sit back for a few days and stuff myself with good cheese and endless coffees, I left trying to sip food through a straw.

I need to annoy someone and get them to punch my in the face, and hopefully put the bloody thing back into place or something…

Oh well, c’est la vie. Time for coffee!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i can find a few volunteers over here!

Sim Jetlag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simjetlag said...

Wow... that's cheerfull first thing in the morning. Thanks mate, I love that you are allways looking out for me.

Unknown said...

sure, no problem!

what happened to comment #2? was mine tame by comparison?!

simjetlag said...

No, I somehow replied twice to you... so I deleted one of them...

:-)

Am heading out for a week, but once I get back there should be something in the mail for you Hayes!

Unknown said...

http://pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/gallerypicget.asp?pic=http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/travel/alps09-sim/alps09-simkitbig.jpg

wtf? is that a garmin on your bike (yeah, yeah, i notice the details).

still need help with that jaw?

simjetlag said...

Yes Chris it IS a Garmin on my bike... Remeber, I do have something of a "job" to do. The Garmins are provided to us. I had 2 that trip, the power data was way off as the Garmin would register wattage of over 3000W at time when I wasn't pedalling... so I switched to another Garmin and the same thing happened... conclution: Stick to PowerTap! Unless you are blindly guiding the blind...

Jaw is fine now thanks!