Saturday, August 29, 2009

Left off the Team's Time Trial squad :-(


Well, it would appear I have been left off the Team's TT selection. Pretty much allways an automatic pic, and having been one of the first guys they checked availability with a couple weeks ago, I felt sure I'd be head's down on the TT bike this week. I even rode the bloody TT bike up some Pyrenean climbs as part of my preparation. But low and behold I guess they must have picked some guys who were going good in the past few weeks. Although I got a 3rd place the other day I must say I'm probably something of an unsure quantity having not raced much in the past month as I've been working quite a lot guiding trips. Darn work. :-) Oh well, c'est la vie, it's their team, still I'm a little dissapointed though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pull your finger/s out and do some racing then, stop thinking about it so much!!

simjetlag said...

I have. Even went as far as to do some dull crit yesterday. However the reason I haven't been racing is because I've been away working. I can put my fingers whereever I want but it isn't going to make me able to be in 2 places at once.

Unknown said...

by the way, that wasn't me. :-)

simjetlag said...

Hmmm, I was sure it was. I guess you recognize your own hard penmanship.

Hey, I did a crit the other day... what do you thin kof that Chris?

I might be back over in that part of the world in a month(ish)...