Friday, August 24, 2007

Fast approaching TT

Only a week to go until the Chrono Catelraudais, this Time Trial in northern/central France, (in the same are as the famous Chrono des Herbier TT). Actually I am making the most of having to go up there to accompany my girlfriend who has been sent up to that area for work. She passed her teacher's qualification and in France they send you to a school like they send soldiers to barracks. So we'll be moving her up to Chateauroux. It's going to be busy couple weeks. We're going to have to find her an apartment within 1 or 2 days. They only tell her where they are sending her 5 days before she starts work.


TTs, "I love them" (in Jens Voight overly excited accent)
(click on pic for larger image)



I like Time Trials and I look forward to getting back aboard my TT bike. I haven't done a TT for a couple months... last time was at the Tour des Chateaux et Coteaux stage race a couple weeks before the Tour. I haven't actually spent much time on the TT bike recently either. Obviously I didn't ride the TT bike while on our Bikestyle Tour de France trip and since I've been back I've been doing mainly hilly races. So although I'm looking forward to it, I'm not as totally pumped up about it as I usually am. I'm usually like a little kid before Christmas when it comes to TTs... until I roll down the start ramp of course, then I'm it all turns into pain and tunnel vision. :-)


No TT bike on the BikestyleTours Tour de France trip... good thing too, wouldn't want to ride a TT bike up Alpe D'Huez
(click on pic for larger image)


Sadly my Power Tap isn't working at the moment so I haven't been able to do any tests before this TT. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape at the moment and the results have been there too, so it would be interesting to see what the power read-outs were like. But there's not much I can do about it.


I hope I can get a disk wheel from the team this time.
(click on pic for larger image)









No comments: