Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Base Camp


I have been here in sunny Australia for almost a month now. And although I have been riding a fair bit, getting out with the daily group rides and having fun, it is now time to buckle down and do some real serious training for the season ahead. No, real serious training does not mean lots of intervals and riding extremely fast everyday. Quite the contrary. It is now time to buckle down and pile on the base miles. Steady paced regular rides of over 3 hours with a heart rate not exceeding Zone 2.
This base period will last about 5 weeks before I do start adding some longer intervals before gradually ramping up to lots more harder short and long efforts before the season starts in March. And even then it will about 2 months before the body is properly sharpened for some bigger races.

Luckily being over here in sunny AUS, it is a lot easier to pile on the base miles in the sun, than if I were back home in the cold relying mainly of team training camps for miles. I am also very lucky to have a few good and experienced riders around me here who know the importance of base miles. That means I can share my long boring base mile rides with some good people. There's also a fair bit of good riding back in the hills of Queensland's Sunshine Coast, so I'm actually looking forward to the longer riders...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bien dit !!!!
-10° aujourdhui ici...

see y@

simjetlag said...

Ha ha... Beh teh... voile qui est bon. ;-)

Ca roule toi?

Anonymous said...

pas tro en ce moment, il arrete pas de pleuvoir de neiger.... g pas tro la forme
ca va revenir j'espere,
ci@o!!

simjetlag said...

ca viendra... facil a dir d'ici.

Tu fais des courses sur route cet annee? C'est koi t objectif pour 2009? Championnat VTT de France?