Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Serious Training and "new" TT bike...

It's been nothing but serious training the past couple weeks. I have been putting in the base miles and following a strict training plan.

I usually join the morning group rides and head out with them, usually either cutting off and finishing up by myself or sometimes meeting an older Pro (ex-teammate of Bernard Hinault's) Frenchman who's here for a holiday. Other times I'll just extend my ride after the group ride.

Needless to say it's all good fun, what with the weather being so perfect for it over here. However the fatigue is starting to catch up with me and I'm really looking forward to an easier week, whenever it may come.

Now... Des, the owner of a bike shop over here called Chancellor Cycles has been extremely kind and lent me a bike on which to get around and use as transportation to and from the beach and coffee shop. He had an old Time Trial bike sitting in the shop on display. It has a 650c front wheel and a 700c rear while, extremely (reversed) sloping top-tube and it's an absolute classic!
It doesn't handle very well, in fact I sort of wonder how they used to go SO fast downhill in the Tour back in those days on such funny handling bikes. But I totally love this retro TT bike! What a classic!!! So thank you ever so much Des ( http://www.chancellorcycles.com.au/ )!!!

No comments: