Monday, February 13, 2006

Life goes on.


Some days are like that.. there's something about life that just gets you down. Anyway, I had classes this morning, then came home and headed out for the usual ride. My knee was hurting a bit today. I got in a nice little 80k (50miles) under blue skies and sunshine. The first day in I don't know long that I was able to go out without having a wear a big winter hat.
It was good to get out, get some air, and try to change my thoughts a little. I felt like I was being followed all day, like I was in someone's shadow... I don't know, I can't explain it.

I called JP this evening to see how he's getting on. The team rode over to the Time Trial today, did the time trial, then rode home. Apparently it was a little longer than they had planned. John says they rode about 170k today.

The TT went OK, nothing special... the ride was good and he says he's settling in and getting on with people. It sounded like he was feeling a little better about everything, was finding his feet and getting to know the team, so that's good. Tomorrow they will be doing another fairly long ride, then race on Wednesday... I'll be sitting in school getting no faster at all!