Friday, February 24, 2006

Montastruc Training


Great. So my back is messed up again. I don't know what I did to it, but I'm totally blocked. It's so painful I wasn't able to sleep last night. Arghh... I hate this shit. I got an appointment with the doctor, but it's on Monday.

So yesterday (Thursda) I didn't have class, so JP and I went and joined some of the rest of the team to pre ride sunday's Grand Prix George Pinel course over in Montastruc. 7 of us hit the road with a follow car once again. It was rather cloudy, but it didn't rain on us. The course is mainly flat, and you ride along hill ridges for HOURS... it's a really hard Belgian style race. Lots of wind, open corners, narrow roads etc etc. There's only a couple hills, but they'll 1) be really hard as the race will hammer up them, 2) will be hard because of the change in rythem from 60k an hour on the flat to hitting a hill, and 3) the wind will play into it too. After a rather boring big loop you end up back in the start town for some small finishing loops that include a friggin WALL!!! This thing is steep and nasty.

The Montastruc wall.

Come sunday the wall will be covered in spectators 3 rows deep.

So... until monday I think I'll end up spending the days on my back with pain killers... great.

Today JP and I will probably nip into town and take care of some stuff. JP need to return something to a store in Albi; he's also got damaged threads on this crank arm, so we'll have to go to some bike shops and see if anyone has some kind of cheap crankset.

Anyway... I'm going back to South Park.

No comments: