Friday, February 17, 2006

Pro teams present

My day ended with a trip to the Osteopath Doctor... this guy used to work with the National rowing team. He's strange, he always seems really grumpy, but he does a great job. He messed around the my back and pelvis, hopefully that will take care of my knee. I'll make sure I keep stretching it.

I just got of the phone to JP. They are still in the car (it is 8pm) driving from the Mediterranean to the Basque country. He seems OK, maybe a little apprehensive about these races. Just finishing these races is no mean feat. There will be 3 full blown UCI Pro teams: the French Jean Floc'h team, the Russian Dynamo team (With Olypian Ivan Terrenin and some guys who's name I can't remember who won Gold on the track in Athens) and the Belgian Flanders Team. Also there will be a who's who of top level amateur teams. The amateur teams are equivalent to US Divition 3 Pro teams... only with a bigger budget and usually better riders. You can check it out at http://www.essorbasque.com/ and you can find results on http://www.velomania.net/

There are usually also some Spanish team there, like Serbitzu and Euskadi, but it doesn't look like they will be there this time. In the past FDJ, AG2R and RAGT have also done it, but they must all be somewhere else... Tour of Portugal on Tour du Haut Var I guess.

Ok, I gotta go eat and stretch..
later y'all.

The Fench Jean Floc'h Team

Belgians Flanders




Russian team Omnibike Moscow