Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thursday. Cameroon distance training

So I had my vaccinations yesterday, and they warned me that I might feel sick over the next few days. Aching muscles, joints, runny nose and a litte fever. Great!
So today I headed out for 4+ hours of basic endurance training. Only after a few KM on teh way out of Gaillac I hooked up with a truck. So I did a pretty solid motorpacing session up the Boissel hill and all the way into Cahuzac before getting dropped on a steep hill. That was a SOLID session, absolute total max effort. Oh well, I still had 3 or 3.5 odd hours to ride... hmmm... The ride is fairly hilly and long. It's a ride I love but it can be a bit hard.


It wasn't long before I felt my knees really hurting, and I wasn't feeling too good overall. But I pushed on knowing I need to get in at least one long ride this week before heading overseas. By the 3rd hour my knees and joints were really hurting... oh well, no pain no gain right? Hmmm....

Well I got in 4 hours 15, so that was good.

No comments: