Saturday, September 26, 2009

CycloCross is official

Well it’s official. I’ll be racing Cross again this season. I have 2 TTs to go, then a road race 2 days before I jump the plane to the US, then my first CX race in 3 or more years. I think it will take a while to get into the swing of cross again, and I’m sure I’ll get my as kicked for a couple months, but hopefully it’ll be a fun way to spend the winter and give me a little extra focus during those cold northern hemisphere winters.

.


My first Cx race (for which I am already entered) will be a race in Virginia in a little town called Winchester. Then the following week (assuming I survive the first race without too much depression) I’m already entered for another CX race in Washington DC. There are races every weekend in the US after than, but we’ll see in a few weeks which once I do. Hopefully by about December I will have done enough races to get back into things and should hopefully be able to come into a bit of form. At least enough form to not be too embarrassing and have a little fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good man!

you gonna do the master's race?

so, Mr Cyclocross, Wednesday rides will continue...in the dark...with lights....on gravel roads....on cross bikes. come on out!

it's pretty fun really and we do a 10-15 minute climb...okay, maybe 9 for you.

Unknown said...

okay, so that ain't sherry, but whatevah

simjetlag said...

Oh don't start that again? Okay, a few things to remember:
1) there's this ting called "daylight" which is great to ride in and you don't need them silly lights on your bike.

2) I'd have to spend money on lights when there's a thing called "the sun".

3) I'd have to drive all the way over to Haymarket in the evening from Luray

4) There's some pretty cool climbs around Luray if I'm not mistaken

Now lets see...... Will I be there on a Wednesday... ah F'it! Who knows, maybe once.