Saturday, September 05, 2009

Winter plans

Well, finally some sort of news and plans for the winter. Very VERY sadly it doesn't look like I'll be heading over to the sun and beauty and peacefulness of Australia this year. I'm very VERY sad to say that for financial reasons I will most likely not be heading to the southern hemisphere this winter. That's pretty sad, and it's going to be very VERY interesting to see how I cope with a winter again. Winter is my most hated time of the year, I'm a sun kind of person. Oh well, we'll see! I'm pretty sure though that I'll start off next racing season well out of shape with about 400 freezing cold kilometer in my legs as opposed to the 5000+k this year.













Winter in Virgina USA, a far cry from Australia but still pretty darn cool... well... COLD actually!

However, every cloud has a silver lining... The plan for this off-season is that I'll be heading stateside, the blue ridge mountains of Virginia for the winter for 3 months. I'm pretty excited as, although it won't be sunny Aus, it'll be something new and different.

Speaking of new and different... I will be heading to Africa again to end the season, for 10days of racing. I'll return to France on the 19th of Oct and head over to the US around the 21st. Hey, maybe I'll be there in time for the Great Pumpkin ride.

That's about it... if I fall into a load of money I'll head over to Australia for a couple months in Jan and Feb, but that's all in the future.

In the more immediate future, I have 2 Time trials coming up that I'm actually quite looking forward to. One Elite road race and one hill climb, then its Africa. So not a bad end of season schedule all in all. Next season will probably start more "typically" with the usual early season races here in Europe, but hopefully with something fun and different thrown in the mix at some point during the season. I've never raced in Asia, so that would be pretty friggin' cool...
Time Trials are an end of season tradition

Now... all I need is to find a car for my time in the US... maybe I'll come across one abandoned in a ditch and all will be fine. :-)

2 comments:

crispy said...

Head a couple states further south from Va and winter becomes quite tolerable. That is, unless it was like last winter - unusually cold and long.

I'm like you - I hate cold weather.

simjetlag said...

Hmmmm.... that DOES sound rather apealing, and I must admit I was wondering what my chances would be of heading south for a few weeks here and there. I've heard some people say it's going to be a really long and cold winter in the US, and others have said a very mild winter, so....
Thanks for the info, I'll try and follow the wun south!