Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Mighty Python glass act

Another stunning rainy day on the sunshine coast saw me once again forgo the morning group ride and head out alone a little later in the day for 2 - 2.5 hours of recovery ride. But after only 30mins guess what happened... a bit of glass found it's way into my new tire, and there I was, standing by the side of the road with images going through my head of my bike flying through the air as I threw it away and of me sitting on the next flight home. The cut in my tire was such that I had to put a leaf in there to stop the tube forcing it's way through the cut in the tire. I tried to ride on a bit to at least get in something of a ride...


which is when I came across this little creature on the side of the road. Apparently it is a Diamond Python... I have just now been told it is actually a Carpet Python, not dangerous they tell me... which is good because I had to get pretty close to take that picture with my cell phone. That was the highlight of my day. It wasn't long after that that I realized my tire was going down again and I limped home with a mere hour of riding under my belt and a very pissed off look on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.