Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunshine News


I never thought I would be so relieved to see sunshine in Australia... then land of permanent sunshine.

This weekend remind me of how special this place really place. The clouds parted for me like the Red Sea and we spent a weekend out on the bike pilling on the miles and trying to make up for the past week of glum and rain.

I spoke to Ex-Pro David McKenzie today and I will be going down to see him in Melbourne on the 28th of Jan (approx). It'll be good to catch up with him, and I look forward to discovering more of this fantastic country (and also hope they have less glass on the roads down there).

I also spoke to my mom today, and I may go and spend a little time with her cousin down in Tasmania next week. Would be a great opportunity to see yet another part of Oz.

On a slightly different note, I have been very VERY happy to find one of my favorite chocolates from the US available here.


Junior Mints: made famous by the Seinfeld Episode where Kramer inadvertently drops a mint into a patient on the operating table.

We also came home a couple days ago to find this friendly little critter (a Blue Tongue lizard) cheerfully guarding the house for us while we were at the beach. Thanks mate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe that's what went wrong with my knee surgery....junior mint!

simjetlag said...

There's nothing anonymous about that knee surgery Mr.(BEEEP).

You back on the bike yet? Making life hard for everyone? Or just eating mints? I would go for the mints option mate!