Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rubiera Respect.

After whinging and whining (as I do) about Chechu Rubiera's web-site stealing a photo of mine of Alberto Contador from the TdF presentation, I had a couple e-mails from the guys who put together that section of his web-site. Both guys apologized which I really appreciate! Believe it or not the photo was taken off the web-site within minutes. As I said before I didn't really mind so much about Rubiera's web-site as he's a rider, and I believe riders deserve and certain understanding and respect. At the end of the day if they weren't around we wouldn't have anything to take pictures of. I actually found it quite funny in a way that Rubiera's guys (the ones I really wasn't too worried about) were the ones to contact me, apologies and remove the photo. I thank them for that, and have given them permission to use the photo should they so desire (though I'm sure they have better things to do than endlessly removing and adding photos.) :-)

I should also probably stop brandishing Chechu Rubiera's name around as none of this really has anything to do with him. He'll be sitting on his bike all day in the cold getting ready for 08. Here's wishing Rubiera a great 2008 season, which he will apparently be kicking off down here at the Tour down Under. This will be his first trip to Aus, and I hope he has better weather than I've had for my first trip to Australia. I don't yet know if I'm going to Tour Down Under, I should find out Friday, so maybe I'll get the opportunity to "shoot" him... on film of course! Now if HE were American he'd be suing me. ;-)

No that's not Rubiera out training, it's John Parks... I don't have a pic of Rubiera... yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit of whinging is good, it's important to let it all out. Sometimes though, a public forum isn't the right place. Thanks for your email, it's appreciated.

Simeon, if you get to Adelaide and take photos of Chechu, we'd be happy to post them for you, full credits, and a link to your site.

And do say hello to him, it's a nice thing to do. He's very special.

Good luck, enjoy down under.

Nicky, www.chechurubiera.info

PS. As I've given birth to three girls, it seems that I'm not who you think I am.

bellmartin said...

Thanks, Sim.

It's a compliment to you that your article was translated into Spanish. Whoever did it had to work hard because he/she wanted to share your ideas.

First the Bible, then the works of Shakespeare, now the works of Sim.

Es muy bueno!

R.L.B.

bellmartin said...

Thanks, Sim.

It's a compliment to you that your article was translated into Spanish. Whoever did it had to work hard because he/she wanted to share your ideas.

First the Bible, then the works of Shakespeare, now the works of Sim.

Es muy bueno!

R.L.B.

simjetlag said...

Bible, Shakespeare, Sim... hmmm... would that be "B.S Sim"? :-)

Yeah... it's actually kind of cool they went to all that effort. I have a friend who used to be in charge of an umbrella of newspaper titles, and he keeps telling me to be cafeful of copyrights and so on, and keep my ear to the ground.

Turns out I'm not going to TdU sadly, what a shame.

Nicky:
I didn't see this as a public forum, I thought it was only a few friend who read it. In fact I wondered how you came across it.

As for "As I've given birth to three girls" I had to read that a few times before it dawned on me. No, you are not who I thought. V Sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

We trawl the web for news and mentions of Chechu Rubiera, you came up with Google Alerts.

Sorry you're not getting to TDU in Adelaide.

It's very early in the season, so it'll be an interesting race.

Chechu's en route, he might just be arriving about now. Glad to read the sun is shining.

Nicky