Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sim in Pro-Cycling:


No that's not Sim on the front of the mag, it's Greg Lemond, Close... NOT!

Though most people will have already seen the January issue of Pro-Cycling Magazine, I have only just got it. It only made it over here to Australia yesterday. I don't know how it takes them so long to get it over here, they must get some Kangaroos to hop over from the UK with a load of them in their pouch, because it is 2 months late (it came out on Dec 20th 2007). Anyway, there are a few pages dedicated to the Pic de Nore climb (a climb I have raced up with a fair bit of success over the past 2 years, but with less success the previous years). The ride write-up for Pro Cycling was suggest and guided by yours truly. Needless to say there are a couple of photos of, and the odd quote from the idiot on the red bike (me).

The quotes are ok in this one, not like the Newspaper article in the US that quoted me as saying I wanted to ride the Tour de France. ARGH... not what I said! Anyway, it's a nice article and Isabelle Best (the writer) did a great job. But for as nice as the article is, the climb is even better (if you are fit, and it is sunny, and there is no wind). So get up there and ride the climb that sits on Jalabert's front door step, the Pic de Nore.

Ahhh, those ARE great looking roads. I'll be back there soon, I only hope the weather is good!

No comments: