Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Time Travel.

Time Travels fast. If there's one thing that I've had confirmed from being over in Aus, it's just that! Time does go fast. Only 2 weeks before I return to the land of tradition, baguettes, chocolatines, cheese-a-plenty, coffee, dried sausage, quiet hilly roads and my 300 year old house. I've been here 3 and half months, and it feels like I only just got here yesterday.

Somehow it has been a week since my last post. So, I've been riding pretty much every day. I've been here almost 4 months but I still can't get used to getting up at 5am for a 6am ride. But it's been good, and despite my daily morning struggle of rolling over, turning off the alarm and trying to stay in bed, I have still been getting out for the early morning rides. And even though I have been feeling a bit of a slacker at times, I've actually got in far more miles than I would back home at this time of year.

Today was a pretty good day. Not sure how or why, but I guess I'm getting steadily fitter. I joined the group ride today which goes up a pretty good 6k climb called Montville. The whole ride is hilly/rolling, and montville is a nice steady hill/climb. We had a nice ride out to the base of it at a steady, upper range endurance pace, then went up at a fairly descent pace too.


Total ride this morning (still got an afternoon ride to come) with a nice average wattage.





And a few of these interval efforts up the climb.



Goodness the PowerTap is a great tool. What would we do with out it?





Sim to Milan San Remo!!!!!



Noooooo... not as a rider you idoits. PezCyclingnews asked me if I was available to cover Milan SanRemo for them. So that's a possibility. Just got to figure out the finances and travel etc, but that could be fun. Only big issue is, Milan SanRemo is only a couple days after I get home. Turns out the race we were doing 2 days after I land has been cancelled, there is another one that weekend but it's a small race. So I can miss that and go to Italy. I'll be pretty tired, but then again nothing is final yet. As with everything in cycling, things all too often fall through when it comes to the crunch.

I've also had to reformat my computer. Spent pretty much all of yesterday and a good part of today doing that. Great. Just what I wanted to do in my last few days in Australia.

No comments: