Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ever wonder why CSC don’t do their training camp in Denmark?

Over the past few years more and more teams have been organizing their team training camps in sunnier climes. Most teams go to Spain, South Africa or some island of the Spanish coast, even amateur teams are doing this. However we at CAC Bouygues Telecom see this as something of an easy way out of some hard work. The early season races are often run in the cold and rain, so in order to harden the team up a little bit, the Team chose to run this weekend’s training camp in Norway!


This is a landmark... so now we only have to figure out which side of the sign the road is!... hmmm...


No… the snow has been really thick here. Once a mountain biker, always a mountain biker. Upon seeing all that snow out there I couldn’t resist going out and playing in it. I’m not supposed to ride in temperature below 5 degrees… so I got on my cyclocross bike and wend out in the –3 degree weather to slip, slide and skid around the French country-side. The roads where so white and thick with snow in places, that you couldn’t even see where the road was. I swear I was having to try and keep an eye on the ditch to make sure I was still on the road, and in places I really wasn’t sure where I was. Man it was SO much fun. I figured I don’t much MTBing anymore, so it might be good or my bike handling skills to get out there in the snow and ice. I was actually giggling out load to myself on today’s ride. There were hardly any cars out there, (except for a few in the ditch.) OK Pierre, take the next right... oups!







It was great fun!





As the day goes on the snow gets thicker… I don’t see us making it to tomorrow’s training camp either…

No comments: