Monday, January 16, 2006

Mising it up. Plans for the future.

As seems to have been the case over the past few years of mixing cycling with real life, I have yet another jam packed season ahead of me. For the past 2 years I have been studying, taking planes at the last minute, and racing the day after a transcontinental flight. I suffered it in 2004, in 2005 and it doesn’t look like anything is going to change in this final school year. Along with racing and going to school, I have just got news that I will going to Italy in May for the Giro d’Italia. No, I won’t be racing it, but I’ll be working once more as a guide for Bikestyletours.com. However, May is when my finals are. My finals finish on the 19th, and I need to be in Italy on the… yep, you guessed it, on the 19th. I’m not totally sure how this is going to work out, but it looks like I’ll be sitting an exam and going straight to the airport to ride 130km a day after a couple weeks of exams with no training. It’s going to be both hell, and fun. I can’t wait. It’ll be great to be back in Italy, I haven’t been back there since a racing stint 2 years ago. If anyone out there reading this has booked a trip for the Giro with Biestyletous.com shoot me and e-mail and let me know.

In the meantime I am right in the middle of exams right now (we have 2 big exam sessions a year), I have to go to one in a minute in fact. I’m not getting in much riding these days. Last week I only did 2 rides: one was a 130km cold, windy, hilly and pretty fast ride on Saturday. It felt good to be out there. I have a team training camp at the end of the week. I’m really worried because I won’t have been riding for over a week, and it’s really going to hurt! Oh well, such is the way when you try and mix everything up, C’est la vie. I hope I get some good grades so that I can concentrate a little more on racing with a clear mind next month.

Things are also taking shape for my 2006-2007 winter. My plans to spend next winter in the Australian summer, working in a bike shop and riding and racing are slowly coming together. No Cyclocross over there, but I’ll make do with some sunshine instead. What a tough life! That’s going to be SO much fun!

So until next time with a Team Training Camp update, stay warm and stay riding…

Thanks for readying.
Sim

Feel free to e-mail Sim with questions or comments on: Jetlagsports@wanadoo.fr

No comments: