Saturday, January 14, 2006

wow, I actually rode my bike


Yesterday was a nice, sunny and relatively warm day, I did a little revision in the morning (mainly playing with my computer) and went into town in the afternoon to get some stuff. My whole day disappeared and I didn’t ride at all… Not very serious for someone who is supposed to be coming back to racing this year… oh well, what you gonna do…

Today was another warm, sunny day. Warm means 10 degrees (that’s about 50 for you Fahrenheiters)… I did a little work in the morning, spent a little too much time trying to sort out some problem with a camera driver on my desktop, then I ate and got in a good 4.5 hours. That was about 130k, and at a fair pace, with hills and lots of wind. I’ve never ridden that far at this time of year before… I guess I thought I needed to make up for yesterday. I also know that I am going to be embarrassing at the team training camps over the next few weeks, so I need to get in some miles.
Above is a pic of a couple of a couple guys from the group riding down the Tarn valley on today’s ride. Winter riding! Some guys were suffering and group kept getting split... here we wait for some back markers.

No comments: