Saturday, December 01, 2007

Brisbane Botanical Gardens


After a couple of days of morning rides and afternoon in the Bikestyle office starting to knock out some details for the 2008 Tour de France, Saturday was a day with a little more time to myself. The day started off with the usual 5am bike ride. Then I went into Brisbane, got myself a Subway (my first one since I've been here) and ate it on a park bench in the National Botanical Gardens overlooking the boats on the river.

I then meandered my way back to the house, via the Botanical Gardens and along the river the twists and turns through Brisbane.

Today (sunday) is the Southbank Crit. A "bike race" (not really a bike race, it is actually a Criterium, meaning a loop of about 1km they go around a million times). I had thought of riding it, but I'm no where near fit enough, and I hate those kinds of "races" witha vengeance anyway. So I will be going to watch, take some (hopefully) good photos of some of the big names who will be here, and catch up with some people I haven't seen for a while.
Once again, photos have been added to:

No comments: