Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday Snorkling

Today we got up and went for a nice ride inland towards the hills. We then had the usual coffee on the way home at the café overlooking the ocean. The water looked really good and clear, and that’s when I decided I would go home, grab my flippers and mask and go down for a paddle. It’s about a 20min walk to that part of the beach. There are closer beaches, but I’m a little scared of sharks (who isn’t?!). The water was great. Calm and clear. I saw a few fish, had a good paddle around and got a little bit red on the walk home. I guess most of my sun screen had washed off. There is a sort of pear/rock jetty that goes out into the water a fair bit at the one end of the beach. It looks like a good place to go snorkeling, but I didn’t dare got over there, or go that far out. Once I had finished snorkeling and was out of the water, I went and had a walk along the peer, and saw 6 snorkelers out there. I also spoke to a guy who said he goes snorkeling around there all the time, and it is fine. So I guess I’ll start adventuring out there a little more in the next few days/weeks. It’s just that that is where we saw the shark on my 2nd day here… Needless to say, this was a perfect morning!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beuh euh... while you are in hot and dry conditions here it's glad with 0°c, fog, water,cold, mud ... hee ha!!!
thanks for giving somes pieces of dream, and i insists, your pictures are really really good!!!!!

take care (hum... you do it, i feel...) see y@ man

simjetlag said...

hey @B. Thanks. I saw a picture online oh you at your last CX race. Looks like you were the only one to ride down a steep hill. Also saw some pictures of the Championnat MPY a Albi. (Shit pictures) but it looked like a good course, and JESUS CHRIST you did well there!!!

KEep up the good work, and keep the good results coming... I'll keep snorkling and swimming etc
Buh huh... J'ais casse mais DMT cong! :-(