Saturday, November 20, 2004

Gun control and the Haute Garonne

Thursday.

After spending most of the morning in Class watching Bowling for Columbine, and then discussing the advantages and disadvantages of US gun laws and world violence a whole as part of my Oral class at the university, a conversation a few of us carried on over coffee in our local CafĂ© opposite the university, I came home and cooked myself up a wonderful lunch. Once my belly full of good food and a beautiful glass of red wine, I headed out for a 3 hour ride into the next “Departement” of the Haute Garonne and into the Aveyron Valley. This rides starts off by following the same roads as the Puycelsi loop (villages on cliff edges ride). During the 30 min climb up out of the Gaillac valleys, the view was once again stunning on the sunny afternoon. As the numerous valleys of changing leaves spread out in front of me, behind me and to either side of me I was once again overcome with happiness “as I said to myself, what a wonderfullll worrrrlld” (please tell me you recognize the song?!) no… as I said to myself “I’m so lucky to live here.”
The only downside to the day was that my little radio doesn’t work in all those valleys, so I had the wonderful tunes of static to accompany me on my travels.

No comments: