Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Subway pro cycling team

What a hard week
Monday and Tuesday were my usual class and weight lifting days.
Tuesday I received an offer from the US based Subway Pro cycling team. However the offer wasn’t great, and with only 48 hours to make a decision I ended up having to refuse the offer. Not an easy thing to do! By Signing with Subway I would have also had to find another job to enable me to live in the US. Obviously I didn’t have enough time to really sort that out. So right now, things are really not looking good for me next year. I have no idea what I’m going to do and who I’m going to race for. As a last resort I will stay in France and race for a Canadian/French team called Limoux based down near Carcassonne, but obviously I would much rather find a ride for next year. Something with more support; that would enable to me to live someplace new, do new and different races, and allow me to gain more experience both on and off the bike.

No comments: