Saturday, November 20, 2004

The ideal day

Friday.

Today I got up stupid early and threw my Cyclocross bike into the back of the car. I had a good hardy breakfast and drove at an enjoyable (but probably a bit stupid) pace to do a 1 hour trip through the back roads of the Tarn to get to Alphonce’s place in 30 mins. The roads where wet and it was raining pretty hard. In fact it rained hard all day… So Alphonce and I went out to play in the mud and rain out the other side of Albi. It was great fun!!! I actually felt really good, and we rode very hard. By the end we were both dead and shaking from the effort we had just put out. We rode and slid in the mud for 2 hours. In that time I used up a brand spanking new set of brake pads that I had put on my bike a few days ago… they where down to the metal!
But the ride was good, we rode really hard and had fun. It was great training for me.

After that I threw my muddy bike in the back of the car got changed and turned up to class for my morning lecture covered in mud and soaking wet… “It’s all good…”

After that Alphonce and I were supposed to go for a 2 hour road ride, but the rain was so mad that he called to cancel. So we both rode our trainer indoors in the afternoon.

I did 1 hour and half of hard intervals, I was shaking after them and couldn’t even walk properly… it was great!!! A perfect day. I really felt like I worked hard AND had shit loads of fun in the process. I only wish I could feel that energetic every day of my life. :-)

Wew.. with that in mind I’m am totally dead… time for me to get some shuteye!“Ok legs.. you have to move now.. come on… please?!”

No comments: