Monday, November 22, 2004

Hot and Cold.

Sunday

Well, cold and hot actually. This morning I went for a 2 hour road ride with Alphonce in the freezing cold weather. There was frost on the group as we trundled through to Albi and back via the other side of the river past Castelneau to Levis. The sky was blue and the sun was out, so the temperature quickly warmed up from the 2 degrees (Celsius!) on our morning ride, to a happy 17 degrees (over 60F) for our afternoon MTB ride. In the afternoon we rode for 1 and a half hours through the woods at Sivens. The only down side was that it was so warm, that every man and his dog (literally) had come out to stand in the middle of the trails and act all surprised every time they saw another walker, dog or person on a bike. I hate dogs. They are so annoying and needy… always in the way too. Anyway… come to think of it, when I’m on the mountain bike, I hate anything or anyone that isn’t BEHIND me. :-)

The ride was good. I felt good on the MTB, which was a bit of a surprise because I felt really really tired this morning on the road bike. I was also unable to eat anything all day… very strange for me! I had a good breakfast, but could make myself eat in time for the afternoon ride... so I didn’t, but I held out.
Tomorrow is back to a full day of classes and no riding.

No comments: