Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pack it in!


Only 3 days now until I fly out for a fun loving 30 hours of flying.

I have spend a LOT of time over the past few days calling airlines etc and trying to get some solid and reliable information on luggage allowance. I've ended up hiding 2 bikes instead of 1 in my bike bag. So I've protected my road and TT bike as much as possible and put them both in 1 bag. Looks good to go. I hope they don't get damaged or crushed, but what can you do... wait and see.

I haven't ridden again for 3 days. I wanted to take 2 days off after the so called CX race. Then yesterday it rained all day and I was running around doing errands before I go. So hopefully I'll got out today on one of my spare bikes.

Oh yeah, and interestingly I got an e-mail from Larry yesterday... in his e-mail he mentioned something to the effect that he and a few people in warrenton actually still read "Sim's Daily Dribble" of a blog... I thought only Craig and occasionally Mitch scanned through this junk. So, here's a test to see if I get any comments from people. :-)

Larry has recently opened a new bike shop in conjunction with the one and only, the legendary "Drunk" Timmy D (who's like a brother to me), in my beloved town of Warrenton. Hopefully I'll get over there to see or it soon. Anyway the shop is called the Warrenton Cycling Center, so if you are ever in the Warrenton area, pop in and say hi (and spend lots of money! :-) )


Who the hell is Larry?:
For those of you who don't know Larry, Larry is a guy I met while I was living in the US. Larry came in to the shop one day and slipped right into the banter and enthusiasm of the little cycling community we had there. We soon found out why; Larry was used to it. He'd been a bike racer full time in his younger years and spent a year or 2 racing in Belgium. At the time Larry was getting back into riding and was full-on "old school", steel frames, 700X25 tires, it was great.

Larry has since gotten back into riding and has also spent a fair bit of his time organizing races and helping out rider. He helped John PArks out as much as he could last year was John was in France, and has helped me out a fair bit with getting back over to the US for a few races such as the Tour of Virginia back in.. erm.. 2005 I think it was.



No comments: