Thursday, November 22, 2007

First day in Oz


Yesterday's ride was nice. We went up one side of the river in Brisbane, then crossed over and came back up the otherside, through the Center of Brisbane, through the national Botanical Gardens, past the National Library and Museum. On our way back we stop in at a bike shop to say hi to a mechanic I know. He didn't know I was coming over and it took him a minute to realize it was me.

On the way home we got a call from Jack Stevens, (someone who came on this year's Tour de France trip, and who had also come on the 2005 Tour de France trip.) So I was invited to dinner with a couple guys from this year's trip including Russell Poole who was in town from Melbourne. I wasn't sure I would get to see him, as Melbourne is a long way from here, so it was great to find out he was in Brisbane.


By the time we had finished dinner and were back home, I was starting to feel pretty tired. And seeing as there's a ride planned for 5:30am tomorrow morning, It's off to bed for a well deserved sleep, at 9:00pm.


So It's now 4am Wednesday morning (7pm Tuesday evening over in Europe), I had a good little sleep, and I'm about to have breakfast before our tide. I might get in another ride this afternoon up in Noosa with Fred Morini (the Italian guy who works for us) as he's running a training camp up there and we are going to go and see him.

No comments: