Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hill repeats and coffee


Last night just before going to bed for an early night (as I felt so really bad) I had the best Pineapple I have ever tasted in my life! It was an Aussie pineapple, and it was so sweet and tasty I couldn’t get over it. Still can’t get over it in fact. Come to think of it… I might have to sneak into the fridge and have some now!

A good night’s sleep was just I needed, but I still awoke feeling pretty rough. My very kind host Shep dragged me out on the bike for some big gear hill intervals on a bloody steep hill just outside of town going inland. By the time we had finished those painful hill-reps, I was starting to come around and feel a little better.

The Aussies love to finish off ever ride with a stop at the coffee shop (or cafĂ© to sound a little less yank) and today was no exception. You won’t hear me complaining about the coffee stop habit as it’s a great and peaceful way to finish off the morning. What’s more I was starting to feel pretty good on the bike by the time we hit the Mooloolaba Coffee Club, and that relaxing coffee overlooking the beach was just what I needed to make me feel ship-shape again.
The Aussies love to finish off a ride with a stop at the coffee house.

This afternoon I will try and go “roo hunting”. Apparently Kangaroos come out into a little field by the road just behind the housing estate here, and I would really love to see some, and get a few good pics of Skippy! Fingers crossed!

No comments: