Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I’m off to see the Wizard…






The eagle has landed…
Here I am. After 26 hours of flying, I’m in OZ!!! The flight really wasn’t that bad. It actually seemed a lot shorter than the 6 hours to Cameroon for some reason.

Everything went smoothly and despite a little delay on the first of my 3 legs (from Toulouse to Frankfurt) mean I only had 30-40 mins to get off the one plane, get across the airport and onto the next plane, my luggage and bikes actually made it across and arrived earlier this morning in Brisbane on the same flight as me.

The weather here is hot. Not too hot but it is hot. Beautiful and sunny!!!
I’m putting my bike together as I’m about to go for a ride with Terry Peters (a Bikestyletours guide who also lives in Brisbane).

Tomorrow I might go up to the town of Noosa and see Fred (an Italian Ex-Pro who also works for us and happens to be over here as well. He’s going home to ITA on Sunday).

Right.. I need to finish my bike.














In the meantime here’s a pic I took of a bird. I have no idea what kind of bird it is… but it is a bird.





And yes, that is just a flower… but just to say it ain’t winter here! :-)

2 comments:

Slug said...

Sim -

Awesome! Congrats on making the journey. Will you be staying in Brisbane for most of your stay, or somewhere else? In my new job I have someone working for me who is based in Brisbane and there is a very good chance that I will be in Brisbane sometime in the next 3-6 months. (We also have an office in Sydney so I will probably be there too.)

Let me know!

- Mitch

simjetlag said...

Good lord! I will probably spend most of my time in Mooloolaba. Which is about 100 or so KM north of Brisbane. But whatever, "you get yo ass over here!!!! We'll do some catching up and maybe get out for a ride!" Shit that would be cool!

You been to OZ before? It's great! Let me know. It's kind of funny, we have to travel to the otherside of the world to catch up...