Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fat Boy: Sim puts on weight


WOWWWWWWWW... shock to the system.

The past few weeks have been off the bike, having lots of aperitifs with beer and chips, Pringles etc, and then to cap it all off we had Racklette at some friend's the other day... Racklette for those who don't know is melted cheese and meat. Result: 4 kilos overweight!!! How's that! I hardly ever put on or loose weight. Maybe a kilo or a kilo and a half max between winter and my fittest point of the season. I wasn't very happy as you can imagine. So as you can guess, (despite another Racklette at some friends' place last night which has probably put me back up!) I had to take control of things. So a couple days with little to eat in the morning, no lunch and a return to the office (the bike) for some 2-3 hour rides and I was back down to an acceptable and usual winter weight. Thank goodness... now I just have to keep on top of things, and keep piling on the miles.

2 comments:

Slug said...

Don't tell me about putting on weight. I'm the heaviest I've been since 2000! And the winter hasn't started yet.

I kinda look like the guy in that picture. And now that I'm 40, I guess the whole "old guys who get fat in the winter" is right!

- Mitch

simjetlag said...

No mate... you're a skinny climber. I'm sure even with extra weight you are still pretty slim!

Hope you can get back on a bike soon and clock up the miles!

Get well soon!!!
Sim